Saturday, April 25, 2009

NEED vs WANT

from my crazee sista; kak yang.

Interesting quote from the movie "Why did I get married?"

In most cases, especially in relationships, you will only get 80% of whatyou NEED and you will hardly get the other 20% that you WANT in yourrelationship. There is always another person (man or women) that you willmeet and that will offer you the other 20% which is lacking in yourrelationship that you WANT. And believe me, 20% looks really good when youare not getting it at all in your current relationship.

But the problem is that you will always be tempted to leave that good 80%that you know you have, thinking that you will get something better withthe other 20% that you WANT. But as reality has proven, in most cases, youwill always end up with having the 20% that you WANT and loosing the 80%that you really NEED and that you already had.

Be careful in deciding between what you WANT and NEED in your life.

Adultery happens when you start looking for what you don't have. "Wow, thisgirl in my office is a real looker. But it's not her Wynona Rider featuresthat got me. I'm crazy about her because she's also understanding,intelligent, tender - so many things that my spouse is not"

Somewhere along the way, you'll find a woman or a man who will be morecharming or sensitive. More alluring. More thoughtful. Richer. Have greatersex appeal. And you will find a woman or man who will need you and pursueyou and go loco over you more than your spouse ever did.

Because no wife or husband is perfect. Because a spouse will only have 80%of what you're looking for. So adultery takes place when a husband or wifelooks for the missing 20%. Let's say your wife is melancholic by nature.

You may find yourself drawn to the pretty clerk who has a cherry laugh nomatter what she says: "I broke my arm yesterday, Hahahaha . . .."Or because your wife is a homebody in slippers and pajamas, smelling ofgarlic and fish oil, you may fall for a fresh-smelling young salesrepresentative that visits your office in a sharp black blazer, high heels,and a red pencil-cut skirt Or because your husband is the quiet type, yourheart may skip a beat when you meet an old college flame who has themakings of a talk show host.

But wait! That's only 20% of what you don't have.

Don't throw away the 80% that you already have!

That's not all. Add to your spouse's 80% the 100% that represents all theyears that you have been with each other. The storms you have weatheredtogether. The unforgettable moments of sadness and joy as a couple. Themany adjustments you have made to love the other. The wealth of memoriesthat you've accumulated as lovers.

Adultery happens when you start looking for what you don't have.

But faithfulness happens when you start thanking God for what you alreadyhave.

But I'm not just talking about marriage. I'm talking about life!

About your jobs.
About your friends.
About your children.
About your lifestyles.

Are you like the economy airline passenger that perennially peeks throughthe door of the first class cabin, obsessed with what he's missing? "Theyhave got more leg room! Oh my, their food is served in porcelain! Wow,their seats recline at an 80% angle and they've got personal videos!"

I guarantee you'll be miserable for the entire trip! Don't live your lifelike that. Forget about what the world says is first class. Do you knowthat there are many first class passengers who are miserable in first class-- because they are not riding in a private Lear Jet?

The main message???

If you start appreciating what you have right now, wherever you are, youare first class!

4 comments:

FATENEDAN said...

U r bak!!!!

eeheheheh..penat krusus?

MiszJamal said...

thumbs up!

~nasrah~ said...

faten: penat nk mampos! itam legam! nxt wik ada lg..adui.

jamal: ingatan pd diri..*wink*

s.u.e.r.i.e said...

sounds like fynn's.. mahu dan perlu
kebetulan last week am about to write the same thing tp tetiba tigt last time aku dah pnah tulis psal NEED n WANT ni..

well, God knows better than us, He'll give everything that we NEED in life, not something that we WANT.. remember that ok?